David Steuber on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:44:14 -0500

Re: April technical meeting topic?

Hi all,

I know it is very rare for me to post to the list.  Feel free to ignore
anything that I have to say.  But I would be interested on something to
do with ImageMagick.  The bundled utilities like to suck all the images
into memory before animating them or turning them into a gif or whatever
(as far as I have gotten so far with the utilities themsleves).  There
is Python stuff for ImageMagick.  I would be interested in Perl stuff
for it, particularly when it comes to dealing with files that just don't
fit into 1GB of available memory.

Do you know how demorolizing it is to have to download gifsicle to fix a
glitch that ImageMagick made?  Oh, that is a different topic.

Uh, my computer smells of burning insulation.  Should I be worried?

--
David Steuber           |  telco:610.436.1677
302 E Marshall St       |  http://www.david-steuber.com/