Walt Mankowski on Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:58:19 -0500

Re: Fwd: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG Meeting announcement - March 5, 2003 - "Lightning Round" talks

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 12:52:05PM -0500, mjd-perl-pm@plover.com wrote:

> > I just wanted to let everyone know that several phl.pm'ers will be
> > giving lightning talks at the PLUG meeting Wednesday night...
> >
> > 1. Running X apps remotely		 Steven Gran
> > 2. File locking tips and traps		 Mark Jason Dominus
> > 3. Debian Packaging Basics		 John Lavin
> > 4. Awk one-liners			 Jeff Abrahamson
> > 5. Using GPG				 Mike Leone
> > 6. How to create a daemon		 Walt Mankowski
>
> My talk will be directly related to Perl, since all of the many code
> examples will be in Perl.

Mine will either be in Perl or C, depending on my mood tonight.
Either way, there's not all that much difference and the concepts will
work either way.

Walt

-