Adam Turoff on Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:34:03 -0400

YAPC::PHL

Has anyone dealt with the PA Convention Center folks yet?
(http://www.paconvention.com/)

I know there are supposed to be all sorts of "issues" with the unions here
when hosting a convention, but the website is downright hostile to
conference planners.  There simply isn't any meaningful information on
that website.

On the other hand, the newly opened DC Convention Center actually
*wants* business. (http://www.dcconvention.com/,
http://www.dcconvention.com/meeting/rates.asp)

The research I did last year for the YAPC::DC bid was quite illuminating.
Either I got the information I needed right away, or I left my contact
information with someone who never called back.  (Following up with people
almost never worked either.)

Z.

-