Wilson, Douglas on Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:24:12 -0400

RE: Advice on inserting multiple rows into MySQL

It might be quicker to insert the header record, get the insert_id, then
write the detail records (with the id field) to another flat file that you
can load with the mysql bulk loader after all the header records are
inserted.

-