Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:50:58 -0400

Re: Perl or Web Certifications?

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 09:06:43PM -0400, David Steuber wrote:
>   [10 lines, 58 words, 422 characters]  Top characters: esoiarnl
>
> Does anyone else think the whole certification scheme is a scam?

There exist people who care about certificates and others who
don't. Some of each set fall among employers, and some of each set are
employees.

In a scam, one side is duped into an action it would not take if it
had more knowledge, and the other side is aware of this. So I'm not
convinced it's a scam, since it is sometimes mutual even with neither
side clearly having the wool pulled over its eyes.

--
 Jeff

-