Jim Trocki on 17 Oct 2003 14:11:01 -0400

Re: tcpdump as an inferior Perl process

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, David Steuber wrote:

> Part of this excercise is for learning how to reverse engineer a
> protocol.  Getting down the recording of streams that I am listening to
> quickly is good though.

ethereal could be useful to you, also. it will reassemble tcp streams
and show you the data going in one direction, the other, or both. it'll
also let you poke around and view packet payloads and such using a gui,
which even i'll admit can be useful at times.

http://www.ethereal.com/

-