Wismer, James on 22 Dec 2003 07:36:53 -0500

RE: Upcoming schedule

Yes, ISI is closed on the 19th.  I think I'd prefer the 26th.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Walt Mankowski [mailto:waltman@pobox.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 11:02 PM
To: phl@lists.pm.org
Subject: Upcoming schedule

Just a reminder that we'll be meeting for dinner this coming Monday,
December 22, at Abbaye.  Abbaye's at 3rd and Fairmount (about a block
north of Spring Garden) in Northern Liberties.  As usual we'll meet at
7 PM.

Meng and I went to Abbaye a few weeks ago when Dave Turner was in
town.  I can report that it's a nice little neighborhood restaurant
with excellent Belgian and Belgian-inspired beers on tap, a
reasonably-priced pub menu, and excellent frites.  There was also
plenty of free parking right by the restaurant.

I'll be doing our January tech talk.  My topic will be "Introduction
to Ruby".  This will be pretty much the same talk I gave at PLUG in
November, only with the old typos fixed and some new ones added.

I can make either the 5th or the 26th.  The 19th might also be
possible, but that's MLK Day and I seem to recall that ISI is closed
that day.  If anyone has a major preference for or against one of
those days, let me know.

Walt