Malcolm on 27 Jan 2004 15:59:23 -0000

Re: perl DBI question

On Tuesday 27 Jan 2004 9:33 am, Gay, Jerry wrote:

> did you try btrott's suggestion on that perlmonks node? i didn't see it in
> your list. specifically:
>     my $quoted= $dbh->quote( "$hash->{'some'}" );

That does indeed work. (It's probably the equivalent of assigning it to a
temporary, as I would expect the compiler to build a temporary string out of
the "..." before handing it to the function. I don't know anything about the
perl compiler though, so I could be wrong there).

I'd still like to know why this doesn't work, but knowing I've not missed
something obvious helps. :)

-