John Paxton on 6 Feb 2004 19:40:53 -0000

Needed modules

Hi everyone,

I've been a list member fora while, but haven't posted... until now.

I have a client that's looking to upgrade their perl installs (in some
cases from the 5.00x install) to a 5.8.x version, and in doing so, would
like to know what we think the "recommended" extra modules are.  For
context, we do a lot of Oracle interaction, a lot of file parsing and a
whole darn lot of data exchange between various file formats.

Knowing this, I'd be interested to see what folks here recommend.
Assume that DBI and DBD::Oracle are on the list.  What else do folks
recommend?

Thanks,

--John

John Paxton