Randy Racioppi on 19 Mar 2004 18:59:47 -0000

Perl Programmer / Sys Admin

With permission from Walt, I am posting a job to the list that is available with my company. Please feel free to email me directly to send a resume or ask any questions about the position.

Thanks!
Randy Racioppi
Layover, Inc.
http://www.layover.com

Terms of employment: Salaried employee
Hours: Full time
Onsite: yes
Description: Layover, Inc. is the leader in online recruiting services for the trucking industry. We provide innovative, cutting edge, interactive recruiting services to trucking companies, enabling thousands of drivers per month to easily submit their application to companies seeking qualified trucking professionals. Our offices are located in Central, Pennsylvania (Lancaster County). We are approximately 1 hour from Philadelphia.

We are seeking an individual to maintain our existing web sites and servers and develop new and innovative web applications.

The ideal candidate MUST be able to work independently without supervision and know how to solve complex problems using available resources.

Candidate must be able to work on-site. This is NOT a telecommute position.

Benefits are provided.

Please send resume and cover letter in PDF, MS Word, or plain text format to perljobs@layover.com.

**Required skills: 2+ years of real-world Perl/mod_perl software development

Good knowledge of Linux or UNIX operating systems, especially in a web serving environment.

Experience using, administrating, and/or configuring the following applications: apache, qmail, mysql, bind, mod_perl, php, ssh, cron, iptables. Experience installing, updating/patching, and configuring software packages under Linux is required. Debian Linux experience is a plus.

Experience with Perl, Apache mod_perl, and Perl module development is essential.

Candidate should also have experience using relational databases, specifically MySQL.

Experience developing Perl DBI-based applications is a must.

**Desired skills: The following skills are not required, but will be considered: object-oriented perl, php, networking and routing, intrusion detection, high availability, snmp, C/C++, xml, socket programming, Windows application development and Linux kernel tuning.

**Trucking/transportation industry experience/knowledge is a plus.

URL for more information:  http://www.layover.com/
Contact information:  jobs@layover.com
fax: 717-859-2492

-