James Keenan on 27 Jun 2004 13:29:58 -0000

Re: Damian Conway / Small Miracles / NYC Mon June 28

On Jun 26, 2004, at 9:50 PM, Chip Salzenberg wrote:

According to Walt Mankowski:
Make sure you wear your tin foil hat!

Free advice: Don't use Damian's material for presentation to those who are as yet unconverted. I think I frightened some Java people last week. (If they can't handle basic Perl, what made me think they could handle source filters? *sigh*)

An interesting point which other perlmongers have mentioned, e.g., on the Toronto.pm list there has been some discussion of having Damian incorporate some Linux-oriented material, as they were planning to do some outreach to the local Linux community, the Linux retail store there, etc.

jimk

-