Kevin Murphy on 14 Jul 2004 19:17:02 -0000

Re: Perl monger new to Philly

My second question is about Philly ISPs. Any recommendations or
warnings? Or can you point me to a good website with reviews of the

I've had very good experiences with speakeasy.net DSL both in the city and suburbs, although they don't tend to be be cheap (I'm childishly anti-comcast and verizon, so there). They officially support static IPs and the running of servers.

As an entertaining aside, Speakeasy has a funny promotion in which they encourage you to resell your bandwidth via wireless: you provide tech support, speakeasy provides the wireless users with email addresses, modem dialup, and billing, and you split the payments with speakeasy 50/50. I haven't tried this.

-Kevin

-