Michael Styer on 14 Jul 2004 20:16:46 -0000

Re: Perl monger new to Philly

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

Moving back to the States from London has been an eye-opening experience
as far as the availability and pricing of technological services is
concerned. Even with the GBP/USD exchange rate as low as it is, I'm
still finding that cellphone service, international calling, and ADSL
were all cheaper, or at least no more expensive, in London, supposedly
one of the most expensive cities on the planet. On the other hand, 1.5M
ADSL lines seem to be standard here; the basic package in London was
.5M.

In any case, thanks again for the advice. And if you were about to write
something and hadn't yet, don't let me stop you; all advice is
appreciated!

Mike

-