Walt Mankowski on 20 Jul 2004 17:22:02 -0000

Fwd: [pm_groups] YAPC::NA::2005 CFV

The official YAPC Call For Venues came out this morning...

Walt

----- Forwarded message from Kevin Meltzer <perlguy@perlguy.com> -----

Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:44:05 -0400
From: Kevin Meltzer <perlguy@perlguy.com>
To: pm_groups@pm.org
Subject: [pm_groups] YAPC::NA::2005 CFV

The below will soon show up on use.perl, and is currently on yapc.org.

####
It's time to throw open the call for venues for next year's YAPC::NA.

You can get details on what YAPCs entail at
http://www.yapc.org/venue-reqs.txt. When making your proposal, in
addition to venue information and dates, do please make sure to include
details on airport locations, local public transit (as well as transit
to the venue from the airport!), local cultural attractions, and
accommodation information. (See the docs for more details) The more
information you provide, within reason, the better.

This year we are also making available the different categories, and
weight for those categories, for prospective proposers. Please visit
http://yapc.org/yapc-crit.txt for more information on this.

Send the proposals to yapc-venues AT yetanother DOT org. Proposals are
due by Friday, August 31 2004, with a decision due on September 15
2004. (If the summertime vacation blahs catch everyone out we may
extend the deadline. Don't count on that) This gives about 7 weeks,
which is short but manageable, and should still fit within most college
and university scheduling requirements.
####

Cheers,
Kevin

--
[Writing CGI Applications with Perl - http://perlcgi-book.com]
"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."