Phil Lawrence on 28 Jul 2004 13:45:38 -0000

Re: Web page testing

Hans Dieter Pearcey wrote:
On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 09:19:21AM -0400, Phil Lawrence wrote:

Here's why not: I can't use Test::More from within those modules, because I already used it in the ./t/test_driver.pl script! :-(

Using a module in more than one module of a program is perfectly
permissable.  Wouldn't it suck to try to cram all uses of
e.g. POSIX::strftime into one module, because you couldn't "use POSIX"
anywhere else once you'd done that?

Sorry, should have shown the error that one gets when trying to "use" Test::More in more than one module at the same time:
# Error: You tried to plan twice! Second plan at
t/T/Mechanize.pm line 8

Otherwise, I quite agree with what you say. It's just that this is a special case.

This is not a subclass.  It's just a package that uses Test::More.
There's no @ISA.  perldoc perltoot, look for ISA.
Doh! Thanks. I should have been cargo culting my old stuff, not trying to just type it in as though I really know what I'm doing! :-)

Phil
-