Walt Mankowski on 22 Aug 2005 19:07:28 -0000

Re: Gathering point for Turing Lecture?

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 02:24:44PM -0400, Paul L. Snyder wrote:
> Where will Perl Mongers be gathering for conversation and beer, either
> before or after the Cerf and Kahn talk this evening?  The reception is
> from 4:30-5:30, and the lecture appears to be wrapping up around 7:30.

Jeff and I, and probably a bunch of other people from my lab, are
planning on heading over around 4.  It's been a while since I've been
in Irvine.  According to the email I got they now have lobbies
(plural) since they renovated it, so I can't suggest a good place to
meet.  I imagine we'll just be schmoozing around the food and liquor
tables, so hopefully we won't be too hard to find.  Feel free to give
me a call on my cellphone at (484) 432-7897 if you can't find us.

We don't have a plan yet for afterwards.  I was assuming we'd just
figure that out once we got everyone together.  One other person has
already said he can't make the talk but would like to try to meet us
afterwards.  If anyone else would like to do that, give me a call
after 7:30 and I'll let you know where we decided to go.

Walt