Lawrence D.P. Miller on 9 Sep 2005 06:50:43 -0000

OT: volunteer sysadmin needed

A bit off-topic, but I'm hoping someone on this list might at least know someone who knows someone.

The I Do Foundation seeks a part-time junior to mid-level system administrator to work with us on a volunteer basis. The estimated time commitment is 5 hours per week, though some weeks are slower than others. Most of the work is monitoring and maintenance, with the occasional major project (such as a database migration or detailed software installation) thrown in. All of the work is telecommuting; no on-site work is necessary. Philadelphia area candidates may be asked to attend occasional meetings if their schedules permit.

Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
 - monitoring logs for errors and other excitement
 - keeping key software (apache, mysql, etc) up to date
 - OS updates
 - periodic security audits

Desired skills / experience:
 - FreeBSD, Linux, and/or other unix flavors
 - Apache 2.x
 - MySQL 4.x
 - RT 3.x
 - Perl

While this is a volunteer position, a small stipend is available for the right candidate.

Contact:
Lawrence Miller
Director of Technology
ldpm@idofoundation.org
610-724-4053

About the I Do Foundation:
The I Do Foundation's mission is to help engaged couples bring a charitable focus to their marriage. Our goal is to share the joy and wealth of wedding celebrations with effective nonprofit organizations. We provide a variety of donation options and wedding services to help engaged couples make charitable giving a part of their wedding.

The I Do Foundation was created in 2000 by a group of nonprofit leaders dedicated to developing new avenues of support for charitable organizations. A public foundation based in Washington, D.C., the I Do Foundation works closely with some of the most effective and renowned nonprofit organizations in the country. Together with our corporate and nonprofit partners, the I Do Foundation links engaged couples with a host of charitable giving options at their wedding.

It is our vision that, in time, charitable giving will become an integral part of the culture of weddings and other life events. By incorporating a charitable focus into life celebrations, we help families establish a pattern of giving that will last a lifetime.