Meng Weng Wong on 27 Sep 2005 17:30:32 -0000

Re: Searching packed data

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:59:23AM -0400, Mark Dominus wrote:

| Without intending any comment on whether this is a sensible thing to
| want to do, I wrote code to solve the problem.  It came out very nice,
| and I thought other folks might be interested in the exercise.  My
| code will show up in clp.moderated when the moderator gets around to
| approving it.  In the meantime, you might want to try it yourself;
| I found it fun.

Could you post a couple of tests so I can tell if my code is
doing the right thing?  "Given this string, you should be
able to find these digits".

| What I learned from this project: it's a lot easier to write good code
| when I've gotten a full night's sleep.

Sometimes, it's a lot easier to get a full night's sleep
when you've gotten a full night's sleep the night before.
There have been times when I've had to take a nap on the
sofa before I was rested enough to actually go to bed.

-