Walt Mankowski on 28 Oct 2005 02:23:49 -0000

Fwd: New Ruby on Rails user group

Someone at Mark's talk tonight mentioned the new Ruby On Rails group
that's forming in the area.  Here's the announcement they sent to the
PLUG list.

Walt

----- Forwarded message from Erin Mulder <meara@alumni.princeton.edu> -----

Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:04:29 -0400
From: Erin Mulder <meara@alumni.princeton.edu>
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Subject: [PLUG] New Ruby on Rails user group

Just want to let everyone know about "Philly on Rails", a new user group
for developers who use the Ruby on Rails framework.

  http://www.phillyonrails.org/

We're planning our first meeting for November 2nd and will probably
include at least a 45 minute intro for people who have never used Ruby
or Rails.  Developers of all persuasions are welcome.

Of course, local Ruby gurus will be welcomed with open arms (and plenty
of questions from all the recent Rails converts).  In future meetings,
we'll probably do a mix of Ruby language and RoR talks, covering both
beginner and advanced topics in a back-to-back format.

Email me or join the mailing list at the URL above to hear more!

Cheers,
Erin

PS. If you know any other Ruby (or Perl/Python/Smalltalk/Java/etc.)
folks in the NJ/PA/DE area, please help spread the word!