Walt Mankowski on 12 Jul 2006 02:02:37 -0000

REMINDER: Tech meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) night

We'll be having our next technical meeting tomorrow (Wednesday, July
12) night.  Geoff Young will be practicing his OSCON talk entitled
"Rock Your Testing World with Devel::Cover".  Here's the abstract of
Geoff's talk from the OSCON website:

  So great, you've elevated your Perl game to a new level by using
  Test::More, prove, and automated testing. Do you know what
  percentage of your code your tests actually exercise? Devel::Cover
  is an outstanding testing tool that needs to be part of every Perl
  developer's toolbox. This talk will introduce Devel::Cover and
  explain how to use it effectively using simple code examples from
  the real world. It will end with some advanced techniques
  illustrating how Devel::Cover not only can provide coverage, but can
  also be an incredibly helpful debugging and code development tool.

At the meeting we'll also be holding elections for a new leader of the
group, so if you're interested in running please be sure to attend.

Other things we might talk about include Perl Monger t shirts, and the
upcoming Pittsburgh Perl Workshop (http://pghpw.org/).

As usual we'll meet at 7 PM in the second floor conference room at
ISI.  See you then!

Walt

P.S.  Sorry for sending this out so late.  I'd meant to send it out
last night after Jim confirmed that we had the room, but then Verizon
had a fiber line cut (along with various other problems) and my DSL
line was down for about 24 hours.