R. Geoffrey Avery on 2 Aug 2006 13:20:39 -0000

YAPC bid submitted

It is done. Actually it is done twice. I submitted the bid in Kwiki format and as the HTML that is generated when our Kwiki data is displayed.

I asked for an idea of how much sponsorship they have been getting lately. Buffalo reports $2000 cash and $3000 at the auction and we believe Chicago brought in even more. Not counting av equipment and custodial/security services that I did not get quotes on yet we break even at about 350 attendees with no sponsorship. So we are in good shape if we can get about $5000 to cover everything else.

Houston reports their bid is in.  No word yet on the remainder of the field.

The winner is to be announced by September 1, the same day YAPC::Europe ends in Birmingham and they announce where YAPC::Europe will be next year. I will be there so we might want to consider putting together a Lightning Talk size presentation to invite them here next year.

- Geoff