Walt Mankowski on 20 Mar 2008 20:13:22 -0700

Social meeting with brian d foy next week

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:41:01PM -0400, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> I was thinking it might be fun to invite brian out to dinner one night
> while he's in town for the class.  Also we haven't had a meeting for a
> while, so it'll be a good excuse to get together.  I'll try to get in
> touch with him and see what his schedule's like that week.

Well, I finally heard back from brian, and he says he'd be glad to go
out any night between Monday and Thursday next week.  Tuesday night's
bad for me, but I could do any of the other nights.  Thursday night
could be a problem with March Madness, so maybe we should concentrate
on Monday and Wednesday.  Any preference?

Next we have to pick a place to take brian.  He'll be staying at the
Inn at Penn (roughly 36th and Spruce) so University City might be easy
for him, but not a requirement.  As for food, he mentioned he might
like to sample a proper cheeesesteak, or any other local cuisine.

Anyone feeling decisive?  Otherwise I suppose we could just end up
someplace like New Deck or Cavanaughs.

Walt