James E Keenan on 27 Aug 2008 19:19:47 -0700

Anyone for Hackathon?

Perl friends:

Over the last couple of years I've occasionally spoken with members of Philadelphia.pm and ABE.pm about the possibility of organizing an East Coast hackathon. So far nothing has come of that, but I'd like to mention that the idea is alive (if only in my own mind!).

I've thought of the Philadelphia metro area as a possible location for a hackathon for two reasons, one general, one personal: (a) The costs of space for a hackathon would probably be a lot less in your area than mine (NYC); (b) It would provide me with an excuse to get out of town for a weekend.

Location?  TBD
Dates?  TBD
Format/focus? TBD -- though I suspect Parrot and Perl QA would be included

If you are interested in working on such an event, write me off list at jkeen at verizon döt net. At this point, I'm simply collecting names and addresses of interested parties. It would be helpful if you included your general terrestrial location as well.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

-