Eric on 20 Apr 2009 07:49:09 -0700

Reading the output of Dumper

When I invoke Dumper on a variable like this:
    my $cgi2 = new CGI;
    print "<pre>" ;
    print Dumper($cgi2) ;
    print "</pre>" ;

I get this output:

$VAR1 = bless( {
                 '.parameters' => [
                                    'category',
                                    'region',
                                    'keys',
                                    'display',
                                    'begin',
                                    'end',
                                    'B1'
                                  ],
                 'B1' => [
                           'Search'
                         ],
                 'region' => [
                               'ANY'
                             ],
                 'end' => [
                            '10'
                          ],
                 'display' => [
                                '10'
                              ],
                 'keys' => [
                             ''
                           ],
                 '.charset' => 'ISO-8859-1',
                 '.fieldnames' => {},
                 'begin' => [
                              '1'
                            ],
                 'category' => [
                                 'ANY'
                               ],
                 'escape' => 1
               }, 'CGI' );

So far, so good.
Now, how do I access the elements of $cgi2 ?

I've tried:

   print "TEST: " .  $cgi2{'display'} . "\n" ;
 OR
   print "TEST: " .  $cgi2{'display'}[0] . "\n" ;
    (thinking that the '[' and ']' means it's an array )

but it just says: TEST:

Thanks,
Eric
--