Peter Bachman on 17 Nov 2009 07:35:41 -0800

disk backup in linux

I have to exchange a failing laptop computer that originally had an
80gig HD in it. The old 80 g drive has data on it, and  is mountable on
ext3 since I put it in a usb case.

The 320 G drive that I'm currently using is in the computer I'm
returning, but will eventually  go in the new computer, which I just
got, (but that has it's own 150 g drive). I also have a backup drive
which is standalone.

What's the best way to go about this, the data is archival and I was
going to store it on the backup drive. Should I just copy it, or DD, or
try to clone it?

thanks.

-pb
-