Walt Mankowski on 6 Mar 2011 21:14:14 -0800

New Phl.pm mailing list

Good news everyone!

As I mentioned at our last meeting, I've been working on updating the
mailing list software we use for our group.  Most of the other monger
groups are using a mailman setup hosted on pm.org.  Our group has been
around so long that we predate that.  We're still using an ancient
majordomo system.  The new system will give us online list archives,
better spam protection, easier list administration, and easier
subscription process for new users.

It took longer than I anticipated, but the new mailing list has
finally been set up for us.  So here's what's going to happen:

1. I'm going to mass subscribe everyone who's currently on this
   mailing list to the new one.

2. If all goes well, you will receive a welcome message from the new
   list.

3. Assuming that goes well, I'll send out another welcome message
   myself to the new list.