Eric Roode on 16 Nov 2011 09:26:21 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[Philadelphia-pm] Persistent data directory
- From: Eric Roode <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [Philadelphia-pm] Persistent data directory
- Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 12:26:04 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=LWzzuvXwu+Cr8RVd3prg6cAjhWffKM6PwY8y97OEMbI=; b=wf3MurKPqECVNBV9YbuIlZRH5iX+Y9fcyaLVdRiklnr9KT1wkG6gEU3dW0+PJXYCqU RZjyaSk8R696eH7Y7tKefBeZ96X2mdU3DXkgKaeeRNcHySSNy53LDitcLJGCzn1Cte3h GIj95z5QfaYteslIPIZqkYAXAhU0PSt8f+tew=
- List-archive: <http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/philadelphia-pm>
- Sender: email@example.com
I'm writing a new module, and it needs to store some data persistently across invocations (basically a cache). It is irrelevant whether this cache is per-user or system-wide.
Is there any sort of reasonably standard place to store such data? This will be run on Windows, for what it's worth, but it'd be good to know what locations are standard practice on other platforms, too. Is there any sort of existing module that encapsulates this, so I won't have to think about it (like how File::Temp provides for temporary data storage)? I couldn't find any.
Philadelphia-pm mailing list