Walt Mankowski on 6 Aug 2012 06:00:58 -0700

[Philadelphia-pm] Topic for tonight's meeting

First of all, tonight's meeting is ON.  We'll be meeting at 7 pm at
our usual room at Penn.

We have two potential topics for talks for tonight.  First, Chris has
offered to do his YAPC talk from this year, "Perl + Pathfinder ==
<3".  See http://act.yapcna.org/2012/talk/11 for an abstract.

Second, Fosscon [1] is this weekend.  I'm doing a workshop there on
Octopress, and it might be nice to do a run through.  Here's my
abstract:

  Getting Started with Octopress: A Blogging Framework for Hackers

  Octopress is a blogging framework designed for Jekyll, the open
  source static blogging engine that powers Github Pages. Octopress is
  designed for hackers, and has a number of features for sharing code
  on your blog. In this workshop we’ll work through the process of
  installing, customizing and deploying Octopress.

My one caveat is that there's not much perl involved (Octopress is
written in ruby) but I can try to sneak some in for our group.

Please reply to the list if you have a preference for either topic.

Walt

1. http://fosscon.org/