Brian on 5 Aug 2014 15:01:14 -0700

Re: [Philadelphia-pm] CPAN Day at the Standard Tap August 14, 6:00 PM

Thanks for setting this up, John.  I have a module I'd like to put on CPAN that is a refactoring of a 10-year old bioinformatics program written in Perl.  I'll contact the program's original authors and ask permission to make the module available on the CPAN.  The program's original copyright and license did not specify terms of redistribution and/or modification.

I'd appreciate advice and help with this process as it would be my first CPAN module.  Will trade beer for sagacity and insight - free as in beer AND free as in freedom.  If anybody has experience contributing to the BioPerl module hierarchy on CPAN also this will be useful.

Thanks!
Brian Cole