GUO Yixuan on 5 Jul 2015 05:49:53 -0700

Re: [Philadelphia-pm] ANNOUNCE: Phl.pm tech meeting on Monday, July 6

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 10:41:36PM -0400, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> Location
> --------
>
> If you've been following the earlier discussion on the list about
> where we'd be meeting, please note that this is a different location.
> We will NOT be meeting at Williams Hall.  If you go to Williams Hall,
> you'll miss Mark's talk and will be sad.
>
> Skirkanich Hall is at 210 South 33rd St.  It is a distinctive-looking
> green brick building on the west side of 33rd just south of Walnut.  A
> picture of the building and a map can be found here:
>
> http://www.facilities.upenn.edu/maps/locations/skirkanich-hall
>
> Skirkanich is in the same complex of buildings as where we used to
> meet in Levine Hall, but it is much harder to get to since you can't
> get in the front door without a Penncard, and it's a maze to get to
> from the doors that are open.  Yixuan suggests that people arrive a
> little early at the front door (under the overhang in the picture I
> linked to above) and he will let us in [1].

Here's a schematic map of Skirkanich Hall, and other buildings in
the Engineering Complex. The entrance we're talking about is marked
as ①, (circled 1).

http://www.facilities.upenn.edu/sites/default/files/pennaccess/PA0456-Skirkanich.pdf

Cheers,
Yixuan