mike on Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:23:26 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Phila Service provider

hello all

> Also.. if anyone knows of any other "Linux Friendly ISPs" that aren't
> listed on linux-howto.com/isp.php3 let me know, and i'll add them to the
> list.

metrotron (http://www.metrotron.com) is probably philadelphia's
first linux based ISP (we are actually located in the city --
not the burbs)

all our servers run Eonova Linux which i designed and currently
maintain. Eonova Linux has been listed as one of the 10 main Linux
distributions (http://www.eonova.com) and even the 0.90 beta is stable
enough that a server can run for over 4 months without reboot
(and then a reboot is just a nice-to-have and not absolutely necessary)

currently "plugging" away at the 0.92 release

is this linux friendly enough ;-)

btw, metrotron provides the usual ISP stuff: web sites, domains,
 dial-ups, dedicated connections, custom software engineering, ...

--mike

 mike knerr

|  M E T R O T R O N          http://www.metrotron.com                 |
|    Center City Philadelphia's                                        |
|    Internet Service Provider -- Since 1994                           |
|  LINUX Systems Engineering -- Design -- Support-- consulting         |
|  mailto:info@metrotron.com -- (215) 985-4317                         |