Kenny, Vale T on Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:23:37 -0400 (EDT)

RE: Using 386's

Where are you? I think I have a couple of old 10Bt NICs that were laying
around, I could pass them on to you if I haven't already chucked them.
I would highly recommend using Linux on the systems. Setup is a relative
snap, networking is inherent to the system, and there may be a way for you
to make a more powerful computer system.  There is a project called Beowulf.
It is a Linux clustering project, essentially to make a bunch of slower
computers work together, sharing resources, to create a faster computer.  If
I understand it correctly, basically, the system that needs processing power
uses the spare cycles of the other computers it is clustered with.  I don't
know if the project will work on 386s, but it may be worth a look.
Peace,
Vale

Vale Theodore Kenny
Work		(215) 444-7374