LeRoy D. Cressy on Mon, 21 Dec 1998 02:17:13 -0500 (EST)

[Fwd: Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for Linux® is here!]

Hi All,

Here is a wonderful announcement from Corel Corp.  Word Perfect is being
given away to the Linux comunity for free for presonal use.

I have unpacked it and found a couple of problems:

1:  Attempting to get the file from netscape didn't work!
    ncftp worked great
    site:         ftp.cdrom.com
    directory:    /pub/simtelnet/cnet/win95/business/GUILG/
    file:         GUILG00.GZ

2:  make a directory in /usr/local/?
    move GUILG00.GZ to your new directory and rename it to look like a
tar
    gziped file like wp8-linux.tar.gz

3:  run tar -xzvf wp8-linux.tar.gz to unpack the tarball

4:  run the runme executable

5:  I think there are some left over files from the unpacked tarball
that
    are not needed.  These have a .bk extension and diff shows that they
    are the same as the files in the tarball.  When I have time I will
    change their name and move them to see if they are needed or not.

6:  Finally, I tried to make a symbolic link from
    /usr/local/bin>/usr/local/wp8/wpbin/xwp and found that in order to
    run the program you must include the entire path name of xwp.  So
when
    you edit your menus for x, make sure that the entire path is
included.

Otherwise WordPerfect 8 is a great program.

Have a great day
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037
		 	 > ^ <		Fax   (215) 535-4285
--- Begin Message ---
Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for Linux® is here!

Corel is pleased to announce that the Corel® WordPerfect® 8 for Linux® free
download will be available tomorrow (Thursday, Dec. 17), exclusively from
CNET at http://www.download.com!

When we started this project, we anticipated that there was a strong demand
by the Linux community for powerful applications like Corel WordPerfect;
the overwhelming response?over 60,000 Linux users preregistered for the
free download?reaffirms that belief.

Available in six languages, the Download Edition is a fully functional
version of the award-winning Corel WordPerfect 8 and includes online help,
import/export filters and more. In addition, the Personal Edition of Corel
WordPerfect 8 for Linux will be available in early 1999. This version
includes all of the features of the Download Edition as well as many
extras, including fonts, clipart, templates and more. A Server Edition for
Linux and UNIX® will also be available in early 1999.

Corel Computer's NetWinder? Server and desktop solutions are fast, reliable
and feature-rich and offer many potential benefits, including increased
productivity and cost savings. Visit http://www.corelcomputer.com, or call
us toll-free at 1-877-282-6735 to find out how you can take advantage of
NetWinder Power. Also remember to visit our Linux community site at
http://linux.corel.com for the latest information on these and other Corel
product releases for Linux.

Once again, thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,
The Linux Team

---
You are currently subscribed to linux8 as: ldc@netaxs.com