Juergen Fiedler on Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:24:58 -0500 (EST)

Re: IP Masquerading and MSIE

The problem is that I didn't have any problems (perhaps because I'm not
using RedHat anymore) - so I don't really know how to troubleshoot the
thing. But I know that somewhere out there, there is a Masquerading
guide specifically for RedHat. Let's see... Ahm, got it! It's at
http://www.tor.shaw.wave.ca/~ambrose/rh5setup.html
Oh, and I think it helps a lot if you have your IP addresses arranged in
the canonical way (gateway is 192.168.1.1, the other machines are
192.168.1.x with 1<x<256). I don't have this setup (and didn't want to
rearrange all my addresses (all 3)) and had to tinker around with
'ipfwadm' a bit. I essentially ended up having a separate line for both
clients allowing them access to the Internet (something like 'ipfwadm -F
-a m -S 192.168.0.2/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0') in my rc.local.

HTH,
Juergen