LeRoy D. Cressy on Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:37:17 -0500 (EST)

Re: Windows Refund Day

Hi All,

Ken Burton wrote below about Windows Refund Day.  To tell you the truth
I didn't know what he was talking about.  Well it started with the
slashdot story about an Australian who demanded a refund from Toshiba
for the unwanted software.

<a
hreh="http://www.netcraft.com.au/geoffrey/toshiba.html";>Toshiba/Microsoft
Saga</a>

In the past two days there has been a movement to make Feb. 15 as the
day to demand refunds for unuses and unwanted software supplied from the
chains.  This is an attempt to make it a news item.

And Microsoft is fast to respond:

Wired News Story:
<a
href="http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/17442.html";>Waiting
for Windows Refund Day</a>

ZD Net Story:
<a
href="http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2189833,00.html";>Does
Microsoft owe you money?</a>

And finally to look at the responses to slashdot's posting:

for Windows Action</a>

Kyle Burton wrote:

> I'm just curious, but are we as a group planning on doing anything?  I've
> only been going to the PLUG meetings for the last 2, so I'm still kind of
> new to the group.  I'm going to be out of the country on the 15th, so I
> wouldn't be able to participate, but I was wondering how we all felt
> about it.
>
> I've read about SVLUG and others doing things like giving away Linux CD's.
> Has PLUG as a group ever organized any event like this?
>
> Does PLUG ever do any community events?
>
> ???
>
> Kyle R. Burton

Have a great day:-)
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037