David L. Martin on Tue, 26 Jan 1999 18:38:09 -0500 (EST)

Re: Procmail Question

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Juergen Fiedler wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, David L. Martin wrote:
> > Try this instead:
> > :0:
> > * ^X-Loop.*plug
> > $MAILDIR/plug
> >
> > Therefore the answer is yes, you do need to specify the path.
>

> $MAILDIR is not set on my machine by default. I assume it's nothing that
> procmail 'just knows about' but I guess it's safe to give $HOME/mail/plug
> as the target,right?

/*  Start .procmailrc */
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail              # This is the directory where mail boxes
LOGFILE=/dev/null
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail

:0:
* ^From.*foo@bar
/dev/null

:0:
* ^X-Loop.*plug
$MAILDIR/plug
/* End .procmailrc */

Yes, this is a cut down version of my procmailrc file.
Note the use of foo@bar, fetchmail puts this in the From line when it
chokes.

The reason I refered to MAILDIR is that this is the same convention used
by the procmail docs.

David L. Martin        <dlmarti@njcc.com>
R&D Software Engineer  http://pluto.njcc.com/~dlmarti

A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge
block of marble; then you chip away everything that doesn't look
like an elephant.