Jason Staloff on Thu, 1 Apr 1999 23:42:58 -0500 (EST)

Re: how secure is nat?

>> Is NAT reasonably safe?
>
>    Define `safe'.  Noone can establish a connection to your machine
>from the other side of the NAT.  Will that do?

Very nicely, thank you. I know NAT is only one factor in the router's
security. I just wanted to raise the question because I don't know much
about the technology behind NAT per se.

Besides, anyone dumb enough to devote their expertise and time to get into
my network deserves all the boredom they can get :-)

Thanks again,

JAS