Vale Kenny on Wed, 7 Apr 1999 12:49:52 -0400 (EDT)

Didja ever have one o' those weeks!?!?!?!?

Whilst doing a kernel recompile yesterday, somehow I inadvartently hosed
my SCSI subsystem, while screwing my lilo.conf without making a backup
of it first.  Yeah, Yeah, I know..no need to go into it.  At first I was
just hoping that the problem was simply from modifying the lilo.conf,
but when I got that back together, I still got this really neato error
message:
"VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01"
"Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:01"

I'm using RH 5.2, and I've been trying to figure out a way to recompile
it from the boot floppy, by digging out where all of the needed libs
etc. are on the primary drive and putting them into the path, and go
from there.
But that's not what I'm writing about.  I don't have the 5.2 cd, the
person I borrowed it from is away on vaca. for two weeks, and I dont
have the ready cash to head out and grab it from a bookstore, and I
can't d/l it to my box from RH, cause I can't get to it!!!  So, does
anyone have a copy they can burn for me by tonight?  I'd like to say
I'll take any distro., but I need RH to satisfy the powers that be.
Help, Please???
Peace, and see you all tonight.
Peace,
Vale