LeRoy D. Cressy on Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:28:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re: eth0: unknown interface: Operation not supported by device

Hi,

When you recompiled the kernel, did you include the networking and
ethernet stuff specific to your card in the configuration?  This is very
important to make the kernel recognize the ethernet card.  It could be
compiled as a module and the kernel now has the ability to auto load
modules on demand.

Have a good day

LeRoy

--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037