rsuchowi on Mon, 24 May 1999 11:20:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Hold On..What??

The results are more of a result of ignorance than anything else.  Linux is an
OS.  How many applications mission critical or otherwise have you ever written
in Linux?

Ask those same developers if they would develop apps using perl, C, C++,
Oracle, Informix, Java etc... And you would get 100% of them to answer yes they
would consider writing apps using those development tools.  Now, tell them that
the application can be moved over to (in many cases with little or no
modifications) run on the Linux operating system.

Vale_Kenny@vanguard.com wrote:

> ZDNet: Study: Developers Wary of Linux
>
>  (May 23rd, 17:14:38) (Posted by dwj)
>  "48 percent of North American developers would not use Linux for
> mission-critical applications."
>
> Could someone please explain the spin here??  Talk about stretching logic..
>
> My question is, how many developers would use NT for mission-critical
> applications?
>
> http://linuxtoday.com/stories/6173.html
>
> --

Robert Suchowierski, Jr.