Brent 3CI on Fri, 28 May 1999 14:11:06 -0400 (EDT)

multiple adaptors - 1 ethernet card

I'm also new to Linux and loving it.
I've been given a project to replace our existing company router (a linux 5.1 box) connecting two networks 1&2 (already connected via a router) with a cablemodem. I've loaded Redhat 5.2 and configured the 2 NICs and the HostName, Name servers & Search domains, Default gateway, Other routes, Hostname search path,  and info about other hosts.  The problem is I can't set two adaptors for eth0 as we have in our current router (networks 1 & 2 use eth0).  I use linuxconf to set the adaptors.  When I enter the second adaptor as eth0 it replaces the first one's IP addresses and blanks out adaptor 2.  Then adaptor 3 (eth1 - the cable modem) moves up to adaptor 2....  Any suggestions?   Thanks
Brent