JFRANCANO3 on Wed, 2 Jun 1999 23:02:36 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] rookie mistakes

Hell,
I am trying to set up Linux successfully for the first time and having no
luck. Seems most of my hardware has some type of conflict with the OS. I have
had conflicts with motherboards, video cards, and modems. All I want to do is
get into basic Xwin. I am trying to use Red Hat 5.0. Any easy suggestions for
hardware are appreciated. I want to try a simple install from CD and am not
having any success at all.

Thanks.

Joe Francano
www.compuacc.com