Vale_Kenny on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:01:50 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Splintering...

That's exactly my point...If we maintain 1 meeting, I maen it's only 1X per
month, we'll have access to the whole braintrust of the meeting.  Currenty,
there are about 25 people consistently, with about 5-6 part timers/first timers
each week..(this is just my casual observation).  There are many people saying
they's like to attend, but few are complaining about the time or place, just
space and parking.
If we splinter, we loose the (I hate buzzwords) synergy that having numerous
minds together would provide.  If we reached 100 attendees or so, we'd be able
to have talks, tutorials, and so on....with say only 25 people, the pool of
knowledge is (obviously) less.
The attraction for big names to come by is less, the group is too big for casual
talk, and too small for really indepth sessions, for example someone going over
the technical details of web page security.  Priamrily because there may not be
the span of knowledge..

I justr thought of something..how about we ping some other LUGs, ad check out
their makeup, size, hassles, benefits, whatever.  Anybody game?
Peace,
Vale