Kyle Burton on Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:02:21 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [Plug] Kernel recompile...

make -j 5

speed up your builds

make dep && make clean && make -j 5 bzImage && make -j 5 modules && make -j 5 modules_install

zoom zoom zoom

Of course, you can do -j with no parameter if you're brave...but it should
shave a few more seconds off your kernel compiles (ever seen a linux box
bog down?  -- just do 'make -j bzImage', it's like swimming in molasses).

All theoretical chemistry is really physics; and all theoretical chemists know
it.
    -- Richard P. Feynman