Vale_Kenny on Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:42:02 -0400 (EDT)

[Plug] Change of concept...PLUG Meeting place wherever

I have been doing lots of thinking about this and I have come to the conclusion
that we are going about it all wrong.  Chirs's email got me thinking.
PLUG is not a military organization, nor are we exclusive.  There will be a
Center City Meeting
(Holy Shit!!!  I just realised, the Quakers!! They have several meeting houses
in CC, and I wonder if they would let us use one, proabbly for free..Hmmm)
and there is no way anyone can stop you from creating your own meeting.  The
Center City PLUG will, I'm sure, be glad to help out any new groups, and
hopefully we can co-ordinate the dates so there are no conflicts.  It is not as
though we have any control here, this is a voluntary organization.

I for one will be attending the Center City Meeting on a regular basis, and
occasionally one in the 'Burbs of Pa, if there is enough interest.
I still firmly believe that having one meeting in a central location strictly is
a superior set up, but there is no way I or anyone else can stop someone from
forming additional groups.  If they communicate, and share
members/information/whatever, then great.  If not, well, we'll see where that
leads.
Linux and the Linux subculture wil rise or fall based strictly upon the ability
of it's members to communicate and compromise.  There is no one forcing us, we
are together because we see the benefit of a voluntary collective (Brrr...shades
of the Borg), and the increaed "mindshare" available as a group.  Smaller,
satellite groups are not nearly as powerful as a unified force, but
hey..whatever.
Anyway, that (hopefully) is my last word to the list on this subject until I
have found a satisfactory meeting place.
Peace All,
Vale