Andrew White on Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:52:06 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] DSL providers

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, elek wrote:
> Hrm...
>
> When I asked Bell Atlantic about ADSL being offered in my area, they asked
> me which Operating System I used.  I told them I used Linux.  They said
> they wouldn't install it for me even WHEN it became available in my area
> unless I was running Windows or a newer MacOS.  This phone call took place
> back in December.
>
> I called them again in April.  This time I was sure to tell them that I
> don't care about tech support and that my boyfriend and I could handle the
> setup of our computer.  They still said that they couldn't do their part
> of the installation unless I was using Windows or a newer MacOS.

Bell will give you a WesTel ethernet bridge.  Depending on which ISP you
choose, you can get support for Linux.  We (DCANet) support Linux on a
best-effort basis for Bell Atlantic residential ADSL customers.

You can see the pricing for Bell ADSL for all the various ISPs that are
participating in the Bell ADSL InfoSpeed program at
http://www.bellatlantic.com/infospeed/.

-Andrew