Michael W. Ryan on Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:42:23 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] what's the unsubscribe password for this list !!!!!

I'm sending the reply to the list, as this information may be useful for
others.

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Iden Rosenthal wrote:

> I want off the list but a simple unsubscribe won't do it.
> Why was this designed this way. I have no idea if I used a password when I
> first started asking for this list.
> Who can tell me the password to unsubscribe?????

All memberships under Mailman have a password associated with them.  This
is to prevent other people from unsubscribing you or changing your
settings (list configuration is availabe over the web).  Your password was
included in your initial welcome message and was randomly generated by the
list software.  If you don't remember your password, you can go to the
listinfo page (http://lists.nothinbut.net/mail/listinfo/plug), click the
"View Subscriber list" button, then find your address and click on it.
There will be a button there to email you your password (to your
subscribed address).  You can also interact with the list software via
email, but I don't remember the commands.  Just send an email with "help"
in the body to "plug-request@lists.nothinbut.net", and a list of the
commands will be sent to you.

Once you have your password, you can go back to your options page and
unsubscribe yourself.  For those wanting to remain on the list, you can
also customize your subscription on this page.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP          | OTAKON 1999
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

PGP fingerprint: 7B E5 75 7F 24 EE 19 35  A5 DF C3 45 27 B5 DB DF
PGP public key available by fingering mryan@unix.netaxs.com (use -l opt)