D Reese on Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:20:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] Xlib programming

On 21 Jun 99, at 17:13, Morgan Wajda-Levie wrote:

Date sent:      	Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:13:56 -0500
From:           	Morgan Wajda-Levie <mpwl@locke.ccil.org>
To:             	plug@nitrous.nothinbut.net
Subject:        	[Plug] Xlib programming
Send reply to:  	plug@nitrous.nothinbut.net

> Are there any really good web pages where I could learn Xlib
> programming, or do I have to buy a book?

Morgan:

I don't know, but have you heard of the Qt class libraries,
for writing portable GUI apps on Unix/Linux (and Win32)?
I just got a book on this (published by O'Reilly) to explore
and possibly learn.

What sort of project(s) do you have in mind with Xlib?

Dan R

(PS to all, by way of an introduction  -- I have been a 'silent'
   subscriber on the list for two months or so -- trying to learn/
   pick up a few things.  About three months ago I installed
   SuSE on a dual-boot P2 machine at home, with the KDE.
   I'm "sold" on Linux --- it's "love at first sight" --- and I can
   foresee this now supplanting the MS products for everyone
   in my household by year's end.  :-)