Chris Fearnley on Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:48:41 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] At the risk of getting flamed to my dying day, I'm going to pose a question...

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 08:16:14PM -0400, Roger C. Scudder Jr. wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Chris Fearnley wrote:
>
> > (http://www.CJFearnley.com/fuller-faq-5.html#ss5.1).  The Windows model
> > of strictly hierarchical menus and configuration in a monolithic
> > registry strikes me as an oversized stone house (stability depends on
> > the weight of the stones upon each other and not upon tension).  Unlike
> > the geodesic dome which can grow to arbitrary size, a very large stone
> > or brick house will eventually collapse under its own weight.
> >
> > Unix is yin/yang.  Windows is just a penis.
>
> Wow, Dude...  You really know how to hate with style!  You're right
> though, Windows is so tightly bound to itself that it's as rigid
> as a stone.  A stone that's riddled with flaws... and it's impossible
> to fix it because the whole thing would collapse on itself.

I don't hate Windose. I don't have time to hate, I'm too busy thinking
about how to make Linux better!

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary