Darxus on Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:53:23 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [Plug] The vote on Wednesday (new meeting place as of next month)

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Roger C. Scudder Jr. wrote:

> For me, if the meeting moves out of the city it will be the same as if
> the group closed down.  I don't drive and there is no way I can make it
> to the other locations on a week night.  What I'm getting at is this...
>
> IF YOU WANT THE MEETING TO REMAIN IN CENTER CITY SHOW UP AND VOTE!

That's nice, but I have yet to hear *any* options other than netaxs.  It's
possible I missed something, did I ?

The last post on this topic was 6/12.  24 days ago ?

If you want so badly for PLUG meetings to stay in center city, I strongly
suggest you find another valid meeting place that can hold significantly
more than 30 people within the next 24 hours.  (current counts =~30 +
expected significant growth)

Yeah, I must have missed something....  Why would you have used a topic
indicating that there would be a vote tomorrow if netaxs were the only
available site ?  A vote with one option is.. silly.

And I'm assuming that if we have no options other than netaxs by the end
of the meeting tomorrow, than next month we will, by default, meet at
netaxs, yes ?  To make a decision and an announcement any later could be
like, perilous.

Has anybody gotten Avi's phone number incase there are details to be
worked out ?  Like, how we get into the building and find our way to the
appropriate room ?

I'd get this information myself, but:
a) I don't want multiple people irratating Avi
b) I've grown tired of reactions to me stepping on people's toes

Sorry, I have yet to associate faces w/ names/email addresses.  Anybody
have a digital camera (or any kind of camera, actually) so we can do a
who's who page ?

So I dunno who on this list would be most appropriate to talk to Avi.